HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Hopefully your New Year’s Eve / Hogmanay was a lot of fun and you all stayed safe.
Unless something REALLY big pops up, this will be the only story this week.
And now another installment of our very popular “Ask The Collector” column in which Sukhinder Singh of The Whisky Exchange answers questions about the value of collectible whisky.
The Collector is usually published on the last Friday of each month,
but because of the I’ve combined November & December into a single article.
We generally respond to questions within a day or so (completely
dependant upon Sukhinder’s schedule).
Remember, when you are in London, you can visit The Whisky Exchange in Hanwell or at their satellite shop at Vinopolis near the Borough Market. And of course you can always visit The Whisky Exchange on-line.
We are getting swamped with emails every
month! Believe me, we get a LOT of questions and only a small
percentage of them make it here – but we try to respond to everyone.
In order to help reduce the amount of work, I thought I’d establish some ground rules:
- Before emailing, please look through the old
“Ask The Collector” stories, to see if a similar bottle has already
been appraised. If we get another question about the value of a bottle
of White Horse from 1990, I’m going to put my head through the screen.
- Some people have been leaving questions
for Sukhinder in the comments. This is a no-no. I will assume any
questions left in comments are for other readers to answer and NOT for
Sukhinder – If you want Sukhinder’s expert opinion please use the “…Ask the Collector” email address in the link to the right.
- No questions will be considered without an included picture. I spend too much time asking people for pictures. Starting in 2007, I’m afraid we can’t respond to any questions which don’t include a picture of the bottle. If
you don’t include a picture, you won’t get a response. Make sure your
pictures include the fill level as well as the label and any
- If Sukhinder makes an offer to buy your bottle, please do him the courtesy of responding whether you accept his offer or not.
- Please visit The Whisky Exchange – either in person or via their website. Let’s support Sukhinder, as he is providing this valuation services for free!
How much are these worth?
15 year Glendronach
Don’t know if that is worth anything but the regular value. My
brother, Rick, was quite the scotch connoisseur, unfortunately he never
got a chance to enjoy all of this. He was killed at 54, 4 years ago.
Just thought I would tell you that so you would have some background as
to why I have all of this. I think he may have brought some of it back
from Scotland in 2000.
Thanks, Robyn B.
Continue Reading >>