We still get lots of requests for valuation of whisky, but many of
the requests are from people who can’t read. 2 basic rules are
- Send a picture (of the bottle – yes, someone actually sent a picture of themselves)
- Before asking, take a look at the”Ask the Collector” article archive to see if your bottle has been valued previously. If I get another request to value a Chivas Regal Royal Salute Spode decanter, I’m going to go f’ing postal.
And now another installment of our very popular “Ask The Collector” column in which Sukhinder Singh of The Whisky Exchange answers questions about the value of collectible whisky.
We generally respond to questions within a day or so (completely
dependent upon Sukhinder’s schedule).
Remember, when you are in London, you can visit The Whisky Exchange in Hanwell or at their satellite shop at Vinopolis near the Borough Market. And of course you can always visit The Whisky Exchange on-line.
Still getting way too many questions without pictures or posted as comments. These emails/comments will not be answered. Sorry!
- Before emailing, please look through the
old “Ask The Collector” stories, to see if a similar bottle has already
been appraised. If we get another question about the value of a bottle
of White Horse from 1990, I’m going to put my head through the screen.
- Some people have been leaving questions
for Sukhinder in the comments. This is a no-no. I will assume any
questions left in comments are for other readers to answer and NOT for
Sukhinder – If you want Sukhinder’s expert opinion please use the “…Ask the Collector” email address in the link to the right.
- No questions will be considered without an included picture. I spend too much time asking people for pictures. Starting in 2007, I’m afraid we can’t respond to any questions which don’t include a picture of the bottle. If
you don’t include a picture, you won’t get a response. Make sure your
pictures include the fill level as well as the label and any
- If Sukhinder makes an offer to buy your bottle, please do him the courtesy of responding whether you accept his offer or not.
- Please visit The Whisky Exchange – either in person or via their website. Let’s support Sukhinder, as he is providing this valuation services for free!