I received a beautiful packet inviting me to participate in the Glenglassaugh 250 Club.
This is the opportunity to participate in the growth of the newly re-opened Glenglassaugh distillery by purchasing a newly-filled cask.
(I‘ve previously written about the upside & downside of cask purchases in “A Wise Investment?“)
A maximum of 250 memberships will be available each year – once the 250 annual memberships are sold, the list will be closed until the next year.
Membership does not simply include the cask (details below) but also:
- A personalized VIP Distillery Tour for the member & 3 guests.
- A Bottle of Glenglassaugh new make spirit.
- Unlimited free use of the @%) Club private facilities during the maturation period.
- A signed copy of the Glenglassaugh – A Distillery Reborn by Ian Buxton
- A limited edition print of the distillery
- A 10% discount on distillery purchases
Ok. Onto the details.
The following casks are available
- 1st fill ex-Port Pipe (580 litres) @ £6,500
- 1st fill ex-Sherry Butt (500 litres) @ £6,250
- 1st fill ex-Sherry Hogshead (250 litres) @ £3,000
- 1st fill ex-Port Hogshead (250 litres) @ £3,000
- 1st fill ex-red Wine Barrel (210 litres) @ £2,500
- Re-charred Wine Barrel (210 litres) @ £2,500
- ex-Bourbon Barrel (190 litres) @ £2,500
For more info (and your own ownership prospectus) contact the distillery
Glenglassaugh Distillery Company Ltd
Scotland AB45 2SQ.
Tel +44 (0) 1261 842367
Fax +44 (0) 1261 842421
A vertical tasting of 3 Glenglassaugh whiskies is coming.